Monday, August 15, 2011

Faithfulness


You delight over me with singing
when I have no song
lifting my face to yours
inviting me to dance
reminding me 
that you are the music

and you have chosen me
as your bride

Breathing your life into mine
when I am breathless
renewed, I rise
gently leading me beside still waters
I am compelled to follow

Though my confession of faith
a mere pittance
widowed and poor
unworthy
you rejoice in my offering
accepted
cleansing me
clothing me
in garments
reserved for a prodigal

Patricia Spreng

Joining the Warrior Poet Circle at Connecting to Impact where the poetry prompt for today is “faithfulness.”

5 comments:

  1. We are His and He will not relent until restoration has had its full work. Amen, Patricia. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Patricia,

    This is beautiful. The words, the images, and the heart portrayed.

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't decide which are more beautiful, your words or your photos. What an absolutely breathless and beautiful way to begin the day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feeling beautifully embraced by your words and images.

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning piece,

    your blog setting fits our blog theme perfectly,
    smiles.

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts ...