Sunday, May 15, 2011

Along the Way



Along the way
we will cross
the same river
more than once






learning the same lesson



over
and
over  




again
and
again 





in different ways 
at different times

  

depending on ourselves 
and our own strength






whether we go our own way
or choose to follow His









we try
the hard way,
easy way, narrow way,
wandering away,
losing our way




we  succeed,
stumble, fail,
rest
and try again
before  
we ever finally
reach a
 temporary destination




only to find
we are not in control
of the lessons
only whether
we are willing
to learn

Hiking at Glen Eyrie
Colorado Springs, CO


I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me.  No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead,  I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us. Phillipians  3:12-15

No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts ...