Monday, September 5, 2011

I stole a day…

I stole a day this morning
pajama clad and all
sleeping in
me, my Lord, and I
'til jays' loud calling
sent me pointing lens upon the world
with coffee brewing just for one
sending  gentle wake up chimes
flowing softly through my veins
I stole a day this afternoon
pajama clad and all
no calendar, clock or phone
chores that called remained undone
reading still and writing more
napping on the sun room chair
‘til little dog who came to play
took me out of doors
that way
(pajama clad and all)



I stole a day this evening
still pajama clad
eating breakfast then dessert
leisure drinks so tall
pages filled with letters
truth and tears
smiling at baby doves
momma warming feathers nearby

I stole a night tonight
prayers adoring, begging,
wrestling, resting
reading read
ready for bed
content beyond all measure
pajama clad and all

Patricia Spreng

When was the last time you stayed in your pajamas all day…  and you were not sick at all?

Joining Laura Bogess at Playdates With God, and L.L. Barkat at In, On and Around Mondays.

11 comments:

  1. Here's to more beautiful stolen moments! :) Very rich.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Perfectly describes some of my favorite days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes, those stolen days are the best days, and then you realize they were meant to be stolen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First let me tell you thanks for your words of peace and comfort on my blog. You really blessed me., I hope you come back and bless me again!
    Next...I sure have stayed in my pjs all day...although it was more because the husband was out of town and the kids and I just schooled all day and cleaned....not exactly the relaxing time you had!
    Be Blessed,
    T

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the peace and calm you have shared here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a perfect day :). I almost made it--stayed in my pjs until noon today! Something about a day when the world is slowing down...with the rain softly falling all day...I just felt God's embrace sweet today. Loved this, Patricia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds perfect to me! Love to be in my pajamas all day :) I don't get to do it much but when I do it's amazing! Love your poem!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this. It sounds like the most glorious day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh...what beautiful words describing what must have been a beautiful day. To not have to dress for the day or to "dress for the world". To instead be clothed in His beauty, His love, His splendor without interruption, without hesitation, with total abandon!

    Loved this-
    Thank you for letting us peek into a most sacred moment in time-

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely. I can't remember the last time I stayed in pajamas, because I prefer to get dressed to do my day stealing...(as rarely as I get the chance, or take advantage of it when I do!). Good for you for taking it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had some of those days just last weekend. But I'm already ready for another one. Love the picture of the turkeys.

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts ...